Wednesday, December 12, 2012

twelve twelve twelve

I love pattern and her three dimensional sister texture.  Whether the simple sequencing of numerals (today's date, 12.12.12 or my son's birthday, 10.01) or visual repetitions occurring naturally or by design, I think my eyes search for order and my brain smiles when it is found.

The first memory of "special" numbers in calendar dates was June 6, 1966.  The radio DJ noted the date as six, six, sixty six and that sequencing wouldn't occur again until July of 1977.  This made an impression on fifteen year old me.

Today, I marked twelve, twelve, twelve by snapping a dozen quick pics of patterns and textures in my environment.











This is a collagraph by local fiber artist and friend Vicki Smith.


There must be a limit on image space per post.  The next six pics will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment