Thursday, December 5, 2013

winter is coming

Where has the summer gone?  And for that matter, the Fall?  My previous post was vacation pics from May and the forecasters are predicting snow and really, really cold temps tonight!  Brrr.

Needless to say, my commitment to blogging has slipped.  Oops.  Refocus.

installation of folded books by Carol Zeman
and Leandra Spangler
THAT'S PAPER!?!, St. Louis Artists Guild, 2013

I became intrigued with folded books after finding Rhymes With Magic on Etsy.  Following directions is always a challenge for me, but Heather Eddy's tutorials are wonderful.  


After exploring the tutorials, I discovered my preferences and began creating designs for patterning in the round.  After all, I am a sculptor working with paper:-)) 


Paperbacks cut into six or eight pieces are my favorites for ornaments.  But, I couldn't resist the hymnals I'd been saving for altered books.  The musical notations are festive for this season.



1 comment:

  1. Folded Book Ornaments are available locally at Bluestem Missouri Crafts. Not local? Email me. leandra@bearcreekpaperworks.com

    ReplyDelete