Thursday, December 12, 2013

residents and visitors

Impressions left by objects pressed into the surface of a wet sheet of paper thrill me.  My artwork has evolved to display these recordings and the highly textured surfaces are the hallmark of my sculptural forms.
  


The first snowfall was light.  The 20' between my back door and the studio recorded impressions left by visits of those who share my space.  Opossum prints were easy to identify, especially with the tell tale tail track.  I briefly misread the rabbit's front paw prints as deer but, taking a wider view, saw the pattern and gate.



On the front porch, the visitor was feline, probably the young tabby from across the street.  She is bold and often follows me to the door, expecting an invitation in.  Sol keeps careful watch from his favorite sunny pillow.


1 comment: