Sunday, January 5, 2014

surface treatment workshop

Happy New Year!

After the holiday activities and before my responsibilities to Missouri Fiber Artists (MoFA) -- its membership renewal time -- gear up, I've inked in (too close to "due date" for pencil) time on the calendar to research/experiment for the presentation at my study group.  It's not that I really procrastinate.  I just tackle the items at the top of the list and other tasks, even things I've been looking forward to, get demoted  It's a triage tactic, probably developed in college and honed during my years in the classroom.

The Fiber Arts Study group of my local guild has been sharing books this year.  Later this month, I'll present what I have learned from SURFACE TREATMENT WORKSHOP, by Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson.  I bought the book a couple of years ago with the intention of working through it, technique by technique and adding new "flavors" to my bag of surface design tricks.    I love the juicy photos, simplified process instructions and descriptions of how variations were achieved.


The plan is to photograph the experimentations as they progress, make notes of materials and share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment