Sunday, February 10, 2013

tire trouble, theisen's and thanks


My car has a "low tire pressure indicator light" and it works!  I aired the tire up, but the BIG ssssssssssing sound indicated I wouldn't get far.  Not many businesses are open on Sundays in Pella, Iowa.  I called several tire shops (listed on my GPS) with no luck.  A good guy, John R, put on the spare/donut on and suggested I go to Theisen's Home-Farm-Auto to have it repaired as they were open on Sunday.  He had me follow him, but before going 100 yards my donut went flat and John R and his daughter hauled the tire (and me) store.  A cheerful, young mechanic, Jos (I think), quickly found the puncture and repaired it.  Before long, I was back on the road with heartfelt gratitude.  My thanks to Molly who spotted me having a problem and her dad John for tugging at the lug nuts and getting the donut on, taking me to have the tire repaired and replacing the repaired tire AND to Theisen's for being open on Sunday and repairing the tire quickly.

I count my blessings.

If you are in or near Pella, IA, stop in.  It's quite a store.

Theisen's Home-Farm-Auto  

Pella, IA 50219‎ (641) 620-8223
theisens.com




No comments:

Post a Comment